Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tough Questions

My friends from Cleveland are such special people. We talked late into the night about relationships, beliefs, hopes for our families, etc.

At lenght we discussed how we plan on communicating truth to our kids. These are tough issues. Most parents want their kids to, "Do as I say...not as I did when I was young." Real life is that as our kids grow up, the questions get tougher. Even now Ashtyn is throwing stuff at me like, "Do people have to die?" I can't remember any conversations about death with her in earshot. Where did that come from.

It may be hard, but I want to be honest with my kids in all respects. Even about the things that even the "All Knowing Dad" doesn't have completely figured out. They don't stay little long, do they?

No comments: