Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Let it Snow.

The greater Cleveland area gets an amazing amount of snow. Almost every week as I travel here I am glaring out the windshield of my truck, trying to see the yellow lines on the road. I had trouble sleeping last night so I was wide awake at 5:00 AM. I looked out the window of my buddies house this morning to see steady snow coming down. As I left for work early I was careful to not hit the garbage can on the side of the driveway. What I didn't know at the time was that the friendly plow guys had moved the can to do a better job of plowing the neighborhood. Of course this story ends with my half ton pick-up in a ditch, with no traction at all.

Everyone needs a friend like my buddy Matt. He is immediately out of bed, dressed, and playing around in the snow and dirt to help me get out. Eventually we hooked up my big, ugly truck to his little Honda, and that is all it took. A little humph and I was back on solid ground. And thanks to Matt I didn't even get my stuffy work cloths dirtied up! The amazing power of a Honda!

No comments: