Monday, April 28, 2008

Southern Sudan Health Care

I had an unexpected call tonight from my friend, Jacob Atem, while visiting with my friends in Cleveland. You have to follow this link and read Jacob's life story. It is truly amazing. He has started a not-for-profit organization with the goal of bringing health care, economic development, and stability to his childhood community in Southern Sudan.

On Jacob's character alone I am excited about his plans and vision and I know he is going to be instrumental in doing God's work in his home country. I'm getting together next week with him to see how I serve him and help him in this journey.

The wildest thing about this call from Jacob though is that we have not spoken in nearly six months, but just last week I had met a man from the Sudan while on business in Atlanta. I shared some of Jacob's story with him, and commented that is was about time that I give my friend a call. Cool timing!

No comments: