Saturday, May 17, 2008

Good Friends

Me and Sarah's very best friends from our college days decided to make the 4 hour drive from Alpena, MI to Jackson to spend the weekend with us. We've been hanging out with these guy and enjoying their company for almost 8 years now.

Steve and I became close friends when we spend a month in India together. It was my first real cross-cultural experience. Having Steve there experiencing all that crazy stuff with me caused me to have a ton of trust and respect in this guy. We just got lucky when we introduced our wives to each other and they were instant friends.

Steve is one of the smartest and hardest working guys that I know. Steve did his bachelors degree in 2.5 years. Quickest in SAU history as far as I know. When their 4th child (a boy) is born in July, they will have 4 kids under 5 years old. Just another day in paradise, I guess.

Anyways, I'll never stop being thankful for friends like Steve. In this crazy world of 6+billion people, it is a true gift to have even a few close friends who stand the test of time, and you know will stick with you thru anything.

No comments: